Posts tagged Cedric the Entertainer
The House with a Clock in its Walls – Trailer
First Reformed – Trailer
Halloween – Teaser
Ready Player One – When the creator of a virtual reality world called the OASIS dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all OASIS users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune.
The Death of Stalin – Follows the Soviet dictator’s last days and depicts the chaos of the regime after his death.
God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness – Pastor Dave responds to the unimaginable tragedy of having his church, located on the grounds of the local university, burned down.
WarGames – A young man finds a back door into a military central computer in which reality is confused with game-playing, possibly starting World War III.
Top Five – Movies Referenced in Ready Player One
1) Beetlejuice (Michael Keaton, Geena Davis, Alec Baldwin, Tim Burton): When a recently-deceased ghost couple find their now-vacant home invaded by an obnoxious family, they hire a sleazy ghost who gets rid of humans to help them.
2) Bright Lights, Big City (Michael J. Fox, Kiefer Sutherland, Phoebe Cates): A disillusioned young writer living in New York City turns to drugs and drinking to block out the memories of his dead mother and estranged wife.
3) The Seventh Sign (Demi Moore, Michael Biehn): Abby Quinn is eagerly awaiting childbirth but is haunted by dreams where she suffers a miscarriage. When she decides to rent a room to a mysterious stranger, she realizes a chain of events that will unleash the end of humanity.
4) Stand and Deliver (Edward James Olmos, Lou Diamond Phillips): The story of Jaime Escalante, a high school teacher who successfully inspired his dropout prone students to learn calculus.
5) A Time of Destiny (William Hurt, Timothy Hutton): A modernized version of the story which inspired Verdi’s opera, “La Forza del Destino”.
Welcome to the I Hate Critics Movie Review Podcast. This week the always watchable Jon Favreau brings us Jungle Book. It’s not the best movie is the world, but it’s a lot of fun and probably shouldn’t be compared to the best movie in the world. Barbershop 3 is a movie with a lot to say while remaining very funny. Criminal may be the worst movie of the year and Sing Street is a great movie in the vein of Once and Begin Again.
Top Five: Kevin Costner movies, Ice Cube movies, Jon Favreau movies.
Undisputed Classic Bull Durham
1986 – Legend, Wise Guys
Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them