Posts tagged Dario Argento
Peppermint – Trailer
Suspiria Remake – Trailer
Adrift – Based on the true story of survival, a young couple’s chance encounter leads them first to love, and then on the adventure of a lifetime as they face one of the most catastrophic hurricanes in recorded history.
Upgrade – Set in the near-future, technology controls nearly all aspects of life. But when Grey, a self-identified technophobe, has his world turned upside down, his only hope for revenge is an experimental computer chip implant called Stem.
Action Point – A daredevil designs and operates his own theme park with his friends.
The Rider – After suffering a near fatal head injury, a young cowboy undertakes a search for new identity and what it means to be a man in the heartland of America.
The Poseidon Adventure – A group of passengers struggle to survive and escape when their ocean liner completely capsizes at sea.
Top Five – Jackass characters
1) Big (Tom Hanks, Elizabeth Perkins, Penny Marshall): After wishing to be made big, a teenage boy wakes the next morning to find himself mysteriously in the body of an adult.
2) Funny Farm (Chevy Chase): A couple swap city life for the country, but their picturesque new hometown turns out to be overrun with a gauntlet of crazy inhabitants.
3) American Gothic (Yvonne De Carlo, Rod Steiger): On a lonely island in the Pacific Northwest, a group of travelers find themselves targeted by a crazed, homicidal family.
4) My Best Friend Is a Vampire (Robert Sean Leonard): After a sexual encounter with a beautiful client, a teenage delivery boy finds himself being turned into a vampire.
5) Shy People (Jil Clayburgh, Barbara Hershey): New York journalist visits her distant cousin for the first time to write an article about her hard life in the bayous of Louisiana. Journalist’s wild drug addicted daughter just adds to tensions between two families’ cultures.
Welcome to this weeks episode of the I Hate Critics Podcast. We start this weeks show with our Oscar picks. There are also three new movies this week. Race and Risen are very safe movies which makes potentially decent movies pretty bland. Then there is The Witch which will end up among the best films of 2016 easily. A24 knocks it out of the park again.
Our Top Five this week is our favorite movies from each of the last five decades as well as the current decade we’re in. We talk about too many movies to even mention here.
Our Undisputed Classic is Suspiria
In 1986 The Hitcher and 9 1/2 Weeks
Kindergarten Cop 2
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Thanks for listening to the I Hate Critics Podcast. This week we take on four new movies and the number one new movie this week is “Dracula Untold.” I don’t know why, but people went and saw that. Also there was “Alexander and the adjectives,” “The Judge,” which disappoints despite Robert Downey Jr and Robert Duvall.
Our undisputed classic this week is 1931’s “Dracula.” We just can’t get enough of these Dracula movies…it must be Halloween.
In 1984 Garbo Talks
Transformers 4 – Honest Trailer
Have a Merry Friggin’ Christmas
Wolves – Red Band
Welcome to The I Hate Critics Movie Podcast. This week there two new movies out, Prisoners and the dance movie Battle of the Year. Sean liked Prisoners and thought that it’d hang around for award season. He didn’t understand why Battle of the Year was even made.
This weeks ‘Undisputed Classic’ is American Graffiti. Bob disputed it’s Classic status, while Sean disagreed whole heartedly
In this week in 1983 Eddie and The Cruisers and Educating Rita
Josh Adams from The Film Fan Perspective joins us again. http://filmfanperspective.wordpress.com.
Last week Ashley won a copy of “Ahh! Zombies!!”
This week we have an all knew contest and the winner wins a copy of Me Step-Dad is a Freakin’ Vampire. The rules are the similar to last week. This week we’re only giving you three actors and you get to choose one actor.
David Hyde Pierce
Get to work.
World War Z – Honest Trailer
Grace of Monaco
Dario Argento’s Dracula 3D
Head over to our Facebook page and like us and let us know what movies you want us to talk about.