Posts tagged Jon Hamm
Hot Summer Nights – Trailer
Dark Crimes – Trailer
Hotel Artemis – Trailer
An Evening With Kevin Smith
Rampage – When three different animals become infected with a dangerous pathogen, a primatologist and a geneticist team up to stop them from destroying Chicago.
Truth or Dare – A harmless game of Truth or Dare among friends turns deadly when someone — or something — begins to punish those who tell a lie or refuse the dare.
Isle of Dogs – Set in Japan, Isle of Dogs follows a boy’s odyssey in search of his lost dog.
Beirut – Caught in the crossfires of civil war, CIA operatives must send a former U.S. diplomat to negotiate for the life of a friend he left behind.
Friday the 13th – A group of camp counselors are stalked and murdered by an unknown assailant while trying to reopen a summer camp which, years before, was the site of a child’s drowning.
Top Five – Friday the 13th Movies
1) Colors (Robert Duvall, Sean Penn, directed by Dennis Hopper): An experienced cop and his rookie partner patrol the streets of East Los Angeles while trying to keep the gang violence under control.
2) Return To Snowy River (Tom Burlinson, Brian Dennehy): Young Jim Craig returns to his home in the Australian high country. He finds that things are not as he left them – his girlfriend is being pursued by another man, and her father doesn’t want Jim back into her life.
3) Aria (Theresa Russell, John Hurt): Ten short pieces directed by ten different directors, including Ken Russell, Jean-Luc Godard, Robert Altman, Bruce Beresford, and Nicolas Roeg. Each short uses an aria as soundtrack/sound (Vivaldi, Bach, Wagner), and is an interpretation of the particular aria.
4) The Moderns (Keith Carradine, Linda Fiorentino): A struggling artist is hired to forge paintings, causing him to cross paths with his ex-wife and her powerful new husband.
5) Plain Clothes (Arliss Howard, Suzy Amis): To prove his brother’s innocence, undercover officer Nick enrolls in high school again, dealing with crushes, bullies, humiliations, popularity swings, and quirky teachers and staff to find the real murderer.
A Bad Mom’s Christmas Trailer
Michelle Rodriguez might leave Fast and the Furious
Despicable Me 3 – Gru meets his long-lost charming, cheerful, and more successful twin brother Dru who wants to team up with him for one last criminal heist. (63% ROTTEN TOMATOES)
The House – A dad convinces his friends to start an illegal casino in his basement after he and his wife spend their daughter’s college fund. (16% ROTTEN TOMATOES) https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_house_2017
Top Five – Will Ferrell Movies
The Beguiled – At a girls’ school in Virginia during the Civil War, where the young women have been sheltered from the outside world, a wounded Union soldier is taken in. Soon, the house is taken over with sexual tension, rivalries, and an unexpected turn of events. (77% ROTTEN TOMATOES) https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_beguiled
Baby Driver – After being coerced into working for a crime boss, a young getaway driver finds himself taking part in a heist doomed to fail. (97% ROTTEN TOMATOES) https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/baby_driver
Scott Pilgrim vs the World – Scott Pilgrim must defeat his new girlfriend’s seven evil exes in order to win her heart. (81% ROTTEN TOMATOES) https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/scott_pilgrims_vs_the_world
Adventures in Babysitting – A babysitter must battle her way through the big city after being stranded there with the kids she’s looking after. (77% ROTTEN TOMATOES) https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spaceballs
Innerspace – A hapless store clerk must foil criminals to save the life of the man who, miniaturized in a secret experiment, was accidentally injected into him. (81% ROTTEN TOMATOES) https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/innerspace
Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
Ouija: Origin of Evil
Keeping Up with the Joneses
Top Five: Retired Living Actors
Undisputed Classic: Rain Man
1986 Something Wild, Soul Man, Trick or Treat
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol Two
Army of One
My Dead Boyfriend
On this episode of I Hate Critics we’ve got three new movies: Minions cleaned up this weekend bringing in $120 million. It’s a movie that has been marketed well. Kids love the Minions, but it’s mostly forgettable. They’ve tricked our kids into watching garbage…good for them I guess. The Gallows is as big of a hit as any other movie this weekend. It was made for $100,000 and made $10,000,000. The acting is pretty bad as is the story but more power too them. I’m happy for their success. Self/Less is the movie where Ben Kingsley gets to become Ryan Reynolds and more or less make an action flick that is kind of boring. So it was a pretty weak weekend. Sorry about that.
Our Undisputed Classic is The Godfather Part II. Minions is a prequel about bad guys and so is The Godfather Part II so why not? The Godfather Part II is one of the best movies of all time. It’s a movie I’ve taken for granted. All three of us watched it again last week and if you haven’t seen this movie you really should. It’s brilliant,
In 1985 Silverado and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome were released.
Our trailers this week are:
Batman v Superman: The Dawn of Justice
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Featurette
Deadpool Leaked Trailer